Since I’ve been watching tonnes of movies lately [and not reviewing them, naughty me], I’ve decided to continue the tradition from my old blog, but with a twist : giving you a review in less than 10 words. 😀
I really don’t want to bore you with boring details [since everyone wants to read on the go-go-go, but I’ve outlined some finer/fine-ish points bulleted below 😀
Hot spy vs bumbling spy with genuine LOLs.
- Lots of jibes regarding the [soon to be gone, I hope!] Bush administration
“No, it’s NUCLEAR”
- I reiterate, I abso-fucking-lutely hate HATE hate Hoi Polloi [ie non Couple / isolated] seats in the cinema. Why? Cause every little shake / tap is enough to send gargantum tremors up your chair that’ll rock the Richter scale
The Other Boleyn Girl
Hot sisters battle for throne.
- Very nice directing, even better wardrobe
- Ah, to have 2 hot young Hollywood femme fatales battle it out with the equally hot Eric Bana should be made … illegal
Lucky Number Slevin
Mistaken identity lands hottie in twisted plot.
- Brilliant acting by Hartnett and Willis. Maybe it’s time I took Mr.Hartnett seriously. Like, a serious actor, of course
- Watch out for the twist at the end!
The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian
Prince and kids save kingdom, inhabitants happy
Well, what else could I say?
- Ben Barnes tries to put on a Spanish accent, since the Telmarines in the movie had Spanish conquistador influences around them. Hmm, still doesn’t have me entirely convinced
- Excellent cinematography, and well done with the costumes. Narnia IS indeed a more savage place 😀
Chinese mythology characters save kid
- UGH. Since when did Monkey King speak English?! God, no no no! ARGH! *tears hair out
- Watch only if you’re a semi Kung Fu movie fan. Otherwise, catch the movie below!
Kung Fu Panda
Obese panda learns Kung Fu – saves village
- Feel good animation of the year! Although, I can’t fathom why a duck has a panda for a son
- Has just enough humour to amuse the kiddies and the adults
- Po has the cutest bulge ever, just like Kel’s!
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indy saves planet. Aliens are grateful.
- Indiana Jones, as I recall, is an ADVENTURE movie not a fantasy / sci-fi movie! Spielberg should just take his stinking sci-fi ass and haul it out from the movie! Aliens?! WTF!
- Corny one-liners *cringe
“I have to return the skull”
“Because it told me to”
This was the part I cringed so hard you had to Botox my face to keep it from ever cringing again. ARGH!
Phew, only 7 movies I have watched this year.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a box set of all 6 seasons of Sex and the City to finish before I buy the DVD 😀