Monthly Archives: February 2009
There comes a time when I must simply STOP correcting other people’s fuck-ups.
Fuck-up once and I fix it, that’s fine. Fuck-up too many times, and I’m starting to wonder how old you really are. Especially when I have to fix your personal fuck-ups.
Excuse me, but who do you think I am? Your personal shrink? You don’t fucking pay me enough to fix your fuck-ups, let alone mend your sordid personal affairs.
and probably more.
Since I’ve got nothing that interesting to talk about [besides the fact that I went for TWO Bikram Yoga classes back-to-back on Saturday and attended 1 class on Sunday, which means my body has the consistency of jelly], I shall regale all my 3 1 readers about 25 random, useless facts about myself. This tag has been making the rounds on Facebook as well.
1. Must absolutely follow a morning ritual of waking up, yoga (where possible) and having breakfast while reading the papers and THEN having a shower.
2.Grammar and spelling queen. Just cause I’m anal that way.
3. Has recently taken up the habit of taking a crap naked. Maybe that’s why I don’t like using the office toilets – too much of a hassle to disrobe and put everything back on again.
4. Loves Guinness stout.
5. Needs to build strength in Yoga. To heck with flexibility when I can’t even push myself upright.
6. Too flexible 😦
7. Fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, Malay and pidgin Cantonese, Hokkien, German and Latin.
8. Aims to attend Teacher Training by end of 2010.
9. Used to keep a pet frog until it hopped away from the pond.
10. Guilty pleasure #1 – listening to Britney Spears.
11. Guilty pleasure #2 – throwing my sanitary waste on that annoying neighbour’s car.
12. Drinks around 4-6 litres of water a day. Probably more if I attend a Bikram yoga class.
13. Adopted a cat and named her Salabhasana. Decided the name was too long, so it’s now Bella.
14. Loves green tea anything.
15. Has gaps in her back teeth whereby veggies and meat continually like to get stuck in.
16. Loves to eat crab but is too damn lazy to peel it apart.
17. Couldn’t be arsed to apply make up to work.
18. Misses her Renault Kangoo.
19.Wants to learn how to play the clarinet.
20. Secretly [er, not so secret now?] wishes she has more narrow feet so she”ll be able to wear dainty little heels.
21. Wishes she could draw.
22. Loves the hot room and prefers the hot over the cold.
23. Hates Heineken, reckons the beer tastes like piss.
24. Wonders why is she being overworked and underpaid.
25. Wants to retire in Ireland / Scotland New Zealand.
26. Wonders why she’s liking what she does, but isn’t doing what she likes.
27. Hates fucktards who bring on the fireworks resulting in disturbed sleep and my dog banging and clanging away.
28. I wish my neighbours, all the annoying atypical Chinese ones that is, would wake up with syphillis and fuck off to a hole and die.
29. Am currently gearing up my fitness by practising Bikram Yoga 6 times a week. That’s doubles three times a week until my car comes back.
30. I just want to build MUSCLE and gain weight, not FAT! 😦
And there you have it!
p/s : Who would like to watch Sarah Brightman LIVE in KL with me? 😀
Since tis the season or year for my friends to be getting married, engaged or having babies, here’s a non-exhaustive list of congratulations for everyone!
Congratulations to those that have made the list. You have officially made me look like an old dried up hag next to all of you. 😛
Tania Melissa Ang
Eldon & Abie Pascual
Py py 😉
Since all of y’all are around my age, I reckon I’d be 27 32 before I get married. That’s old, decrepit, dried up, unwanted and shrivelled little old me.
And oh my God, I just realised I’m turning 24 in June. That’s mid-20s yo. Oh my GOD. I feel so old.
*runs and hides under the covers.
An intensive and extensive study in a Malaysian Menace by Professor Junaidi b. Aminuddin
Handsome Scientist / Awesome Detailer / Badass Biker Extraordinaire
Since my poor Kangoo ain’t back from the hospital yet, I bitched to Junaidi the Hottie [or Jun for short] about my woes of being car-less and cursing the menace that is the Rempit [illegal bikers who rev and speed on the motorway].
Here begins the Convo. Please note that since I’ve set my gmail in Spanish [laugh all you want, Heathens], Yo = Me / I = Mei.
Since the currency rate fluctuates all the time, get the latest exchange rates here. However, at the time I went, it was P100 = RM8.
KUALA LUMPUR – MAKATI CITY
Kel and I booked our flights via the Super Saver fares with Malaysia Airlines [them being our national carrier and my client, before Kel’s agency came and stole them from us :p ].
Cost (incl surcharge, taxes, etc) : RM1142.00 for both
Price does not include airport departure tax of P750.00 per person.
MAKATI CITY – CATICLAN
April booked our tickets for P9816.00 for both. We then took a trishaw (P40) to the boat station, and paid around P100 per person to get to Boracay island itself.
Where to stay
We stayed at Casa Fiesta in Station 1 for a grand total of P8000 for our entire trip. That works out to be around RM160 a night. Sure it isn’t exactly a posh hotel, but the rooms are clean, there’s hot water, air conditioning and they come clean your room and change your sheets daily 🙂
Not so good thing was the occupant opposite our room kept on bringing back island companions [prostitutes] every night, sometimes two for one session! Thank goodness Kel and I didn’t hear any funky noises in the middle of the night. Either the walls are thickly padded, the prostitutes there are really quiet, or the activities just wiped us out.
And now, the obligatory post that you [all my 3 1 readers] have been waiting for : What the HELL did you do on an island for 4 days?!
First off, there are TONNES to do besides blithely posing around the beach with your bikini, sunnies and cocktail / beer of choice :
April & Mei
If you like my green Roxy bikini, thank April because she got it for me 😉 MWAH! ❤
My dieting tips are Guinness, beer, whiskey, fries every weekend and Bikram yoga 3-5 times a week.
A view of the beach. Please note that I did NOT photoshop / do any digital alteration to these photos [make the sky bluer! make the sand WHITER! clump some reefs here! take away my saddlebags and eyebags! cause it takes too much effort]
The weather at Boracay was mostly cloudy for the first 3 days I was there. Depressing! Fine sunny weather is from November to April, and locals say that the weather was a freak of nature. And boy was it cold at night! Thanks to the wind’s chill factor, I had to buy a sarong to serve as a shawl.
White sand beaches, clear blue waters and cloudy skies.
Waters so clear…
And so blue
Activities I did on Boracay included :
What it is : You get on an inflated banana-shaped boat and get dragged by a speedboat around corners. Apparently someone died of a heart attack when the banana boat tipped over, so they don’t do rough / tight corners anymore. However, you can request them to do so 😀
The waters were choppy when we got on, so it was hell of a bumpy ride. I could’ve sworn I nearly got whiplash, while Tian Lun was enthusiastically going “LOOK, NO HANDS!” while we [especially ME since I was sitting in front and getting the brunt of the attack!] hung on for dear life and limb.
Yes, the photo looks like we’re cruising at a nice walking pace but trust me, I was hanging on for life lest I get thrown into the ocean. In fact, my butt flew off and I was airborne for around 2-3 seconds before I scrambled back onto the seat and crushed my thighs against the banana boat.
Cost : P400 per person. That WOMAN fucking conned us, it could’ve been P350 per person but she decided to cut our throats at the last minute. Bitch. I hope her cornrows fall out during sex.
Contrary to its name, no we didn’t go fishing. In fact, what you do is you get on an inflated round-ish doughnut and get dragged by a speedboat ala Banana Boating. Except that while BB rocks you left and right, this one pulls you FORWARD and UP so it’s like a bucking horse. April was screaming half her lungs out and I was afraid she’d let go, fall onto me and we’d both fall into the ocean like Kel 😛
What happened to Kel was his legs slipped from underneath him and he clung on for about 3 seconds [resulting in him looking like Superman] while I yelled “JUST LET GO!”. He did, landed in the ocean, and it was major overhaul to get him back onto the Flying Fish 😛
No pictures cause there was no one to take it of us 😦
Cost : P300 per person. FUN!
All-Terrain Vehicle or ATV was one of the activities that Kel enjoyed 😀 We wented an ATV each and drove it up all the way to the mountains of Boracay and took some amazing photos there [which I will grab off April soon] . It was WINDY as all hell, and while we at the tallest photo-taking point, the entire rickety shack shook. Literally, I felt the earth move under my feet and I had to get Kel to bring me down [cause I was glued to the steps like a cat to catnip] 😛
And since we did drive on normal roads, it was a race between4 of us on the main road, with all of us attempting to overtake April and me blocking Kel’s path 😛
Cost : P600 for 1 hour. Bring extra cash to enter the phototaking point.
AHHH My favourite of all!!!!!! Kel and I rented a horsy each for 1 hour, and pretty much took the same route all the way up to the halfway point of the mountain where we ATV’d our sorry arses there.
Contrary to the name of this activity, we didn’t go hopping round the nearby islands of Boracay. Rather, it was a boat trip to 3 different spots in Boracay.
Stop 1 : We snorkeled in this spot for abit. A pity that Tioman’s a much nicer place for snorkeling, as there were heaps of sea urchins urgh near the corals [and when Kel dived into the waters, he very nearly stepped on 1!]
Stop 2 : We decided to skip this stop as we felt that snorkeling here wouldn’t be that great. Turns out we didn’t miss anything at all.
Stop 3 : Where the sand is TRULY white, the waters a pale crystal blue and the perfect spot to do some camwhoring / yogic stunts :p
And that’s all for Part 2!